September 21, 2013

My ACET experience

Today was ACET day, which stands for Ateneo College Entrance Test. I was really nervous the night before. I studied with Patricia; about logarithims, sine, cosine, etc! It was very stressful.

I woke up 4:30 in the morning. My eyes were swollen and squinting, and I slept again until it was 5:00 in the morning. I thought about what I should wear, (I know, very maarte) I was thinking about if I should wear the color blue for butt-kissing effect but I KNOW blue is going to be the mainstream for the day.
So I played around with mixing and matching prints like stripes and floral. I know it sounds off but when you try it with the right colors, it's very pretty. Sadly, I didn't take any photos.

When I got to Ateneo, I was lost. I went in the gate 3, where the high school building is; but supposedly my test building was on the other side of the campus, which is in the grade school building. So I walked non-stop until I reached my destination. My ankles seriously sored, ADMU was just so big. 



Now here's the thing. ACET, at first, was easy for me. The English and Math proficiency part wasn't difficult. In math, it showed items like: synthetic division, logarithim, sin, pi, all those easy math questions. No need to worry for English, you could answer that in your sleep! By the way, there was also an essay. Topic:Bullying

Here comes the hard part...
-Information
-Abstract Reasoning
-Reading Comprehension
-Vocabulary
-Logical Thinking
and the worse part....
-Numerical Ability

I was perfectly calm when I was answering the test, but the thing is...it was time pressured. I was just on the 3rd column out of 4 columns and the proctor said 2 minutes left! I was like "AAAHHHHHH!!!!'' but of course in my mind. :p 

Information:
This was fine, I guess? I has questions such as science and stuff. And to be completely honest, I don't remember any of it. 25 questions for 5 minutes. That was very pressuring.

Abstract Reasoning:
I thought this part was going to be a piece of cake! I stand corrected. This seriously strained my eyes. Just make sure you sleep early the night before. 

Reading Comprehension:
EASY! Very easy. Just read and understand.

Vocabulary:
This part was not that difficult, just use your common sense. If you don't know the meaning of the word; read the entire sentence, and you would know the answer.

Logical thinking:
Actually I found this part fun. The questions were like "Tiarra is wearing stripes and floral. Ateneo's color is blue. Does she hate the color blue?" (example only) You'll figure it out! :))) 

Numerical Ability:
This part.......was just..........so....... ugh...... I almost cried at this part! I know the answers, but due to my nervousness I forgot how to solve the problems. Questions were like "A stereo costs P5000. After a month, the priced decreased 10%. After two months, it decreased 20% then it was sold. How much was the stereo when it was bought?" I knew how to solve this one but....nervousness got in the way.

Results will be sent via mail on January 2014

ACET was such an experience for me. It's the first college entrance exam I took. (I didn't take UPCAT) To future ACET takers, remember to:
-PRAY
-Have faith
-Go back to the previous lessons
-Eat breakfast
-sleep early
-Stay positive!

My advice is to not be nervous about it.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..." -Philippians 4:13

No comments: