January 19, 2015

Within the Walls









I've lived in the Philippines all my life but I haven't really seen it. I know most of you guys have been here, but that day was my first time to go to Intramuros! It's Latin for "within the walls." It is the oldest and most historic place in the city of Manila. I was super hyped when I found out I get to shoot in Intramuros. As a History major, it's very liberating.
Stating the fact that it is so big, walking around Intramuros was a bit of a challenge, but I'm so thankful I was wearing ballet flats! As I walk pass the Aduana, I could still feel the presence of the history. I was so amazed that I acted like a tourist in my own country. Being able to have a photoshoot and actually see Intramuros is one of the best experiences I've had (despite the sun burning my face). Aside from the history, I was stunned by the architecture! With the classical facade, defined stonework, and the beautiful history, Intramuros is a must-see place! Manila is filled with gorgeous landmarks, and I hope I get to see them all.


Photos of me: Patricia Tavarez
Photos of Intramuros: ME!!!

No comments: